GENENTECH, A MEMBER OF THE ROCHE GROUP – SEPTEMBER 27, 2019
XOFLUZA® (baloxavir marboxil) Community Guidelines
Welcome to the XOFLUZA Twitter page!
Please read our Community Guidelines carefully before Tweeting. If you need a refresher, please also review https://twitter.com/en/tos.
Please note that at this time, Tweets cannot be removed even if they don’t comply with our Community Guidelines. However, there are protocols in our industry that regulate what can and cannot be said on our Twitter page. That’s why all Tweets, replies, pictures, and videos tweeted to the XOFLUZA page will be moderated. Tweets or questions that are offensive, threatening or otherwise inappropriate may result in the user getting blocked from the XOFLUZA Twitter page and/or reported to Twitter.
Please take some time to read the rules below so that you become familiar with what types of Tweets we can and cannot Tweet.
1. Join the conversation.
We want you to be a part of this community and the conversation. As long as your Tweet follows our Community Guidelines, we’ll be happy to Tweet it on our site.
2. Aside from XOFLUZA, do not mention or discuss any other medicines by name—Genentech’s or anyone else’s. Please do not Tweet anything that references additional pharmaceutical brands, including specific medicines, products, or services.
3. Being aware of and reporting side effects is very important. If you experience any side effects that you are concerned about, we encourage you to speak with your healthcare professional immediately and report it to Genentech Drug Safety at 1-888-835-2555. You can also report side effects of any prescription products directly to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or by visiting www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Please note, if your Tweet includes a side effect experienced while taking a Genentech product, we also must report this to the FDA and you may be contacted with additional information or questions.
4. Don’t solicit or give medical advice.
All users should consult with a medical professional about their own medical conditions. We know our users often look to each other for helpful information, but we encourage users to look to a healthcare provider for medical advice.
5. Respect users’ privacy.
Please don’t share personal information about yourself or others that could be used to identify individuals who may not wish to be included in this forum.
6. Stay on topic.
We request that users refrain from Tweeting anything that is off-topic, confusing or misleading, or that violates these Community Guidelines.
7. Be respectful.
We request that users refrain from Tweeting anything that may be considered disrespectful, obscene or inflammatory, that contains profanity, or that we deem otherwise inappropriate. Please treat all users with respect!
8. Don’t mention names of doctors or hospitals.
Do not Tweet comments (either positive or negative) that mention the names of medical professionals or facilities.
9. Follow the law.
Do not Tweet comments that violate copyright and/or other intellectual property law, are fraudulent or deceptive, are libelous or defamatory, or promote illegal activity.
Here are some other but equally important considerations while Tweeting.
Don’t pitch your product or service. Please don’t use our Twitter page as a place to promote your product or pitch your services. Please also avoid Tweeting links to external sites. We may need to follow up with you privately.
If you provide information in a Tweet submitted on this page about an adverse event experienced while taking a Genentech product, we may contact you to seek further information.
Keep it clean and don’t gossip. Genentech assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the User Content of the page, nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information within this page.
Remember, you’re sharing content with us. You understand and agree that User Content will be treated as nonconfidential and nonproprietary and that you are giving us and our affiliates a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, nonexclusive, and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such User Content in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate that content in other works, in any form, media, technology, or products now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes; and you further represent, warrant and covenant that you have and will continue to have the legal right to grant these rights.
Consult your doctor. From time to time, this page may contain information related to various health, medical and fitness conditions and their treatment. Such information is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by your doctor. You should not use the information for diagnosing a health or fitness problem or disease. You should always consult your doctor. Likewise, please refrain from Tweeting information to the page that provides medical or other professional advice. We do not provide medical or other professional advice through this site.
Play by the rules. All users must comply with Terms and Policies and Genentech US Rules of Engagement. Have questions? Please contact us directly at www.gene.com/contact-us.
Be open to changes. As new situations arise, we reserve the right to change or add to these Community Guidelines at any time. If we do make changes, we’ll be sure to tweet an update letting you know.
And remember, XOFLUZA may cause side effects. Please visit https://www.xofluza.com/patient/safety.html
Important legal disclaimers:
- This page is intended for U.S. residents only.
- The information provided on this page is for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace the advice or clinical judgment of a qualified medical professional. Genentech reserves the right to alter or remove content from this page.
- Genentech does not control and is not responsible for the accuracy of any opinions, advice, information or other Tweets posted on this page by third parties. The views expressed in Tweets submitted on this page are solely those of the user and do not necessarily represent the views of Genentech, its employees or affiliates.
- Visit www.gene.com/terms-conditions for full terms and conditions.